Wednesday, February 29, 2012

fleshing out that also with...

Hi, I'm Ginger, and I'm a lapsed librarian.  I have an academic background in political philosophy and information organization.  I've done some coursework in math structures and philosophy of mathematics, which probably gives me just enough rope on those topics to hang myself.

And while I told Michael in conversation that I hadn't read much secondary material, I realized as I started reading the Critique of Pure Reason that there was one significant secondary source that will probably be shaping my reading - "Doubt: A History" by Jennifer Michael Hecht is a book I've read several times, and I feel that it's strongly influencing my reading, especially in my general sense of context for the work.

My copy of the Critique of Pure Reason is from 1952, published by Encyclopedia Britannica as part of the University of Chicago great books series.  The translation is by Thomas Kingsmill Abbott.

No comments:

Post a Comment